Developed Markets Forecast Forum
Will policy and politics derail global growth?
8.30 Coffee & registration
Roger Bootle, Chairman.
9.00 Is the Trump boom still coming?
Andrew Kenningham, Chief Global Economist
- Will there still be a big fiscal stimulus?
- Will protectionism help or hinder the US economy?
- How will the Fed respond?
9.15 Will the euro-zone continue to weather the political storm?
Jennifer McKeown, Chief European Economist
- Will economic growth hold up despite higher inflation and political risk?
- Are fears about politics much ado about nothing?
- Should the ECB change course?
9.30 Is the Bank of Japan’s work done?
Mark Williams, Chief Asia Economist
- Is inflation on course to hit the BoJ’s target?
- Could Monetary policy be tightened soon?
- Is Abenomics succeeding?
9.45 What does it all mean for the markets?
John Higgins, Chief Markets Economist
- Which bonds shrug off changes in monetary policy?
- How long will euphoria in stock markets last?
- when will the rally in the dollar come to an end?
10.00 Questions & discussion.
Chaired by Roger Bootle
10.30 Close & Coffee