Global growth will be slower than many forecasters anticipate this year, but most central banks will have to tighten policy regardless, our Q1 Global Economic Outlook warns. Our latest Outlook maps out a more challenging year than 2021 as shortages, inflation and policy responses weigh on global activity. Themes discussed in this report include:
- The forces that will drag global growth down to 4% this year, and to 3.5% in 2023;
- The US and China outlooks – why growth will be particularly disappointing in the two largest economies;
- Why underlying inflation will stay uncomfortably high for policy makers, even as headline rates come down;
- How far the Fed and ECB go to tighten monetary policy;
- Why China still looks set to cut interest rates this year.
Download the latest complimentary copy of this report to help you anticipate economic change and prepare for market shifts.