UK Forecast Forum 2018
Will the economy sink or swim in 2018?
08:30 Coffee & registration.
Roger Bootle, Chairman
09:00 Will Brexit uncertainty finally bite this year?
Jonathan Loynes, Chief Economist
- How is Brexit shaping up?
- Why has uncertainty not hit harder?
- Will it increase or subside this year?
09:15 How much longer will the consumer squeeze last?
Ruth Gregory, UK Economist
- Will inflation fall back this year?
- Will wage growth ever pick up?
- How hard will higher interest rates hit consumers?
09:30 Will the property market wilt in 2018?
Ed Stansfield, Chief Property Economist
- Is property overvalued once more?
- Could a drop in London property prices trigger a wider downturn?
- Will tax changes generate a tipping point for property demand?
09:45 Is the long-term outlook really so bad?
Paul Hollingsworth Senior UK Economist
- Will productivity ever recover?
- Can policy change the outlook?
- What impact will Brexit have?
10:00 Questions and discussion.
Chaired by Roger Bootle
10:30 Close & Coffee.