Emerging Markets Forecast Forum 2020
08:30 Coffee & registration
Roger Bootle, Chairman
09:00 China after the trade deal
Mark Williams, Chief Asia Economist
- Will policymakers have to resort to more stimulus?
- Are the US and China making up or breaking up?
- Has the long-run outlook improved?
09:15 The emerging world in 2020
William Jackson, Chief Emerging Markets Economist
- Can India pull out of its slump?
- Is Brazil set to shift up a gear?
- Will EM exports return to growth?
09:30 The impact of climate change
John Ashbourne, Senior Emerging Markets Economist
- What is the scale of the threat posed by climate change?
- Which EMs are most exposed?
- Might some regions benefit?
09:45 The emerging world in 2050
Jennifer McKeown, Head of Global Economics Service
- What will determine which EMs prosper and which fade?
- Will China have overtaken the US?
- Will EMs have reshaped the world?
10:00 Questions & discussion
Chaired by Roger Bootle
10:30 Close & Coffee