Developed Markets Forecast Forum May 2019
Is a global recession looming?
08:30 Coffee & registration
Roger Bootle, Chairman
09:00 Slowdown will prompt new policy stimulus
Andrew Hunter, Senior US Economist
- Will US policymakers engineer a soft landing?
- Could a flurry of trade deals boost the economy?
- What difference might the 2020 election make?
09:15 How worried should we be about Europe?
Andrew Kenningham, Chief Europe Economist
- What’s going on with Brexit?
- Is the euro-zone heading for another recession?
- How will the ECB respond?
09:30 The global economy in 2019-20 and beyond
Jennifer McKeown, Head of Global Economics Service
- How far will global growth slow?
- What more could policymakers do?
- What are the long-term prospects for the global economy?
9:45 What does it all mean for the markets?
John Higgins, Chief Markets Economist
- How much lower will bond yields go?
- Are stock markets running on empty?
- Will a dovish Fed keep the dollar down?
10:00 Questions and discussion
Chaired by Roger Bootle
10:30 Close & Coffee