Commodities Forecast Forum 2018
Commodities in 2018: Will the party continue?
08:30 Coffee & registration.
Roger Bootle, Chairman
09:00 Will 2018 be a Goldilocks year for the world economy?
Andrew Kenningham, Chief Global Economist
- How much longer will the expansion continue?
- What will be the effects of tighter monetary policy?
- What is the outlook for emerging markets?
09:15 Is the global economic backdrop positive for commodities?
Caroline Bain, Chief Commodities Economist
- Will the slowdown in China cause a major disruption?
- Or do the risks lie with US monetary policy?
- What can replace China as the engine of commodities demand?
09:30 Will the green economy save industrial metals?
Simona Gambarini, Commodities Economist
- Have we got too excited about the prospects for EVs?
- Which metals are likely to benefit?
- What other factors could be more important drivers of metal prices this year?
09:45 With the OPEC extension agreed, is it all quiet on the oil front?
Thomas Pugh, Commodities Economist
- Are OPEC’s output cuts working?
- Or will US shale producers continue to spoil the cartel’s plans?
- What does sustainable growth in China mean for energy commodities?
10:00 Questions and discussion.
Chaired by Roger Bootle
10:30 Close & Coffee.