Annual Conference – Sydney 2019
08:30am – 10:30am
The Next Global Downturn: Causes & Consequences
With the global economy showing signs of strain, the questions we’ll consider will include:
• What damage is protectionism doing to global growth?
• Is the Fed’s tightening cycle nearly over?
• Will the US expansion end gracefully or with a crash?
• Will China’s policy loosening turn growth around?
• Is a hard landing in China a growing or receding threat?
• What are the main risks across the rest of Asia?
• What on earth is going on with Brexit?
• Will the RBA miss the global tightening cycle altogether?
• What are the implications for financial markets?
Speakers will include our Group Chief Economist Neil Shearing, Chief Asia Economist Mark Williams and Senior Australia Economist Marcel Thieliant.