Annual Conference – Paris 2018
How big are the threats to the global upturn?
08:30 Coffee & registration.
Roger Bootle, Chairman
09:00 Will the US economy continue to withstand Fed tightening?
Andrew Hunter, US Economist
- How will the Fed respond to the fiscal stimulus?
- Is rising protectionism a threat?
- How long can the current expansion last?
09:15 Is the euro-zone’s recovery too good to last?
Jennifer McKeown, European Economist
- Does the upturn still have further to run?
- Is inflation about to take off?
- Have Europe’s structural problems been addressed?
09:30 The coming slowdown in China
Mark Williams, Chief Asia Economist
- Is China kicking its addiction to debt?
- Is a strong President Xi positive for reform?
- How fast will China grow over the years ahead?
09:45 What does it all mean for the markets?
Andrew Kenningham, Chief Global Economist
- Is the dollar’s resurgence likely to last?
- Are global equity markets heading for a fall?
- What’s the outlook for euro-zone bond markets?
10:00 Questions & discussion.
Chaired by Roger Bootle
10:30 Close & Coffee.