What are we offering?
Our Graduate Training Scheme holds several attractions:
- On-the-job training through four rotations, each lasting six months. The rotations will be chosen to expose you to a range of areas of work. These are likely to include at least one developed economy, at least one emerging market region, global financial markets, and the economics of either property or commodities. During each rotation, you will contribute to the regular output of the service.
- Subject to satisfactory progress in the first year, Capital Economics will fund you in full to undertake part-time study for a Masters degree in economics or a related subject, or a professional finance qualification. You will still work full-time for Capital Economics, but will take time out of your working day to attend lectures and seminars, and receive study leave. Your studies usually begin after twelve months with the company and last for two years.
- Regular internal training run by our experienced staff. This will include classes on practical skills, such as forecasting techniques; internal seminars on macroeconomics; and a monthly graduate reading group.
- A competitive starting salary with the potential for a performance-related annual bonus and for rapid salary progression after completion of our scheme.
- Benefits include: competitive leave package, enhanced pension, life assurance, flexible working, training and development, enhanced maternity and paternity policies, bike to work scheme, regular social events.
- After completion of the four six-month rotations, you will become a fully-fledged member of one of the teams.