Annual Conference – European Tour October 2018
In a series of presentations to clients in Europe, we explained why the consensus on the world economy looks too rosy and what is likely to trigger the next global downturn.
What can we learn from the past?
Roger Bootle, our Chairman, discusses the following:
- The causes of past recessions.
- What is different now?
- Where might the main risks lie in future?
Will asset prices cause trouble again?
Vicky Redwood, our Senior Economic Adviser discusses the following:
- Why do asset prices so often cause problems?
- Where are bubbles building now?
- What impact would asset price falls have on the global economy?
Could EMs cause the next crash?
William Jackson, our Chief Emerging Markets Economist discusses the following:
- What has happened in the past?
- What are the risks?
- What impact would a China hard landing have?
Will a trade war sink the global economy?
Neil Shearing, our Group Chief Economist discusses the following:
- How would a trade war harm growth?
- What are the lessons from history?
- What is the potential damage to the global economy?
Will tighter monetary policy crash the economy again?
Andrew Kenningham, our Chief Global Economist discusses the following:
- Is inflation about to take off?
- How far will interest rates rise?
- What about the neutral interest rate?
- Can the world cope with policy tightening?
Would you like to attend in the future?
Our conferences and presentations are free to subscribers.