Policy Meeting Preview
These publications are released ahead of monetary policy meetings, providing analysis of what to expect and how to interpret comments from policymakers.
- Benefit from our detailed analysis of policymakers’ priorities.
- Know when markets could be in for a surprise.
- Understand the central bank statements and post-meeting comments.
- 6 December, 2017 in Fiscal stimulus will prompt faster tightening in 2018
- 25 October, 2017 in FOMC meeting could clash with Chair announcement
- 13 September, 2017 in Fed now likely to stand pat until next year
- 19 July, 2017 in Fed now likely to delay next rate hike until December
- 7 June, 2017 in Yellen may set out balance sheet plans as early as next week
- 26 April, 2017 in Fed still on track for a June rate hike
- 8 March, 2017 in Fed signals an acceleration in the pace of tightening
- 25 January, 2017 in Fed in wait-and-see mode until details of fiscal stimulus emerge
- 8 December, 2016 in Will Trump be okay with the Fed’s rate hike?
- 26 October, 2016 in Fed likely to delay rate hike until December
- 14 September, 2016 in Fed unlikely to hike rates again before December
- 20 July, 2016 in Improving data point to September rate hike