Policy Rate Preview
These publications are released a week before the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee meetings, providing forward looking, in-depth analysis about the key drivers behind policy decisions.
- Benefit from our unique independent analysis.
- Understand and prepare for upcoming developments.
- React ahead of competitors.
- 28 October, 2021 in BoE fast out of the blocks on rates, but won’t go the distance
- 16 September, 2021 in Slowing recovery eases pressure to hike
- 29 July, 2021 in Divisions emerge, but early end to BoE’s asset purchases unlikely
- 17 June, 2021 in No tightening until 2024, and then by unwinding QE first
- 29 April, 2021 in Rate hikes still a long way off, despite stronger economy
- 11 March, 2021 in Rising gilt yields won’t push Bank of England into action
- 28 January, 2021 in Third lockdown unlikely to prompt more QE or negative rates
- 10 December, 2020 in No further stimulus, unless there is a no deal Brexit
- 28 October, 2020 in MPC to expand QE in response to second wave of the virus
- 30 July, 2020 in MPC may hint more support will be needed
- 11 June, 2020 in MPC to keep the printing press fired up all year
- 30 April, 2020 in More QE may be coming
1-12 of 154 of 13