Policy Rate Preview
These publications are released a week before the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee meetings, providing forward looking, in-depth analysis about the key drivers behind policy decisions.
- Benefit from our unique independent analysis.
- Understand and prepare for upcoming developments.
- React ahead of competitors.
- 15 March, 2019 in Brexit still holding the MPC back
- 31 January, 2019 in Policy paralysis
- 14 December, 2018 in An uncomfortable wait for Brexit clarity
- 25 October, 2018 in MPC to wait for Brexit fog to lift
- 6 September, 2018 in MPC to wait a while before hiking again
- 26 July, 2018 in MPC to press ahead with second rate rise in a decade
- 14 June, 2018 in Mixed data to keep the hawks in the minority
- 3 May, 2018 in MPC to wait for confirmation slowdown is temporary
- 15 March, 2018 in MPC still on track for May hike
- 1 February, 2018 in Inflation Report could strike more hawkish tone
- 7 December, 2017 in MPC to wait a while longer before hiking again
- 26 October, 2017 in MPC to press ahead with historic rate hike