Japan Economics Weekly
The Week Ahead
This weekly publication contains our key views on current trends and recent developments in the Japanese economy, and provides forecasts and detailed analysis of the events and data releases in the week ahead.
- Benefit from our unique independent analysis.
- Rapidly identify current market trends and their implications.
- Understand and prepare for upcoming developments.
- 16 March, 2018 in Sluggish wage growth to prevent BoJ from tightening
- 9 March, 2018 in Yen strength another stumbling block for BoJ
- 2 March, 2018 in Is this it?
- 23 February, 2018 in Is the BoJ’s 2% inflation target achievable?
- 14 February, 2018 in Why are regional banks’ capital ratios falling?
- 9 February, 2018 in Market turmoil won’t derail expansion
- 2 February, 2018 in Growth still likely to slow this year
- 26 January, 2018 in Would Japan benefit from higher interest rates?
- 19 January, 2018 in Oil at $70 won’t result in policy tightening
- 12 January, 2018 in How fast will the BoJ reduce its asset purchases?
- 5 January, 2018 in “Record” budget masks continued fiscal tightening
- 21 December, 2017 in What could be done to lower private surpluses?