Bank of Japan Watch
Policy Meeting Preview
This publication is released ahead of the Bank of Japan’s monetary policy meetings, providing analysis of what to expect and how to interpret comments from policymakers.
- Benefit from our detailed analysis of policymakers’ priorities.
- Know when markets could be in for a surprise.
- Understand the central bank statements and post-meeting comments.
- 18 January, 2018 in Bank of Japan to keep policy loose this year
- 13 December, 2017 in Bank of Japan to keep policy loose next year
- 25 October, 2017 in Lower inflation forecasts underline case for loose policy
- 14 September, 2017 in Stronger growth still failing to generate inflation
- 17 July, 2017 in Lower inflation forecasts to underline case for loose policy
- 8 June, 2017 in Board will have to lower inflation forecasts yet again
- 20 April, 2017 in Cuts to inflation forecast to underline need for loose policy
- 13 March, 2017 in Talk of policy tightening will prove premature
- 26 January, 2017 in Bank of Japan on prolonged hold
- 15 December, 2016 in Bank of Japan to leave policy rates unchanged
- 28 October, 2016 in Policy rate to be lowered further
- 16 September, 2016 in Comprehensive policy review should deliver more easing