Bank of Japan Watch
Policy Meeting Preview
This publication is released ahead of the Bank of Japan’s monetary policy meetings, providing analysis of what to expect and how to interpret comments from policymakers.
- Benefit from our detailed analysis of policymakers’ priorities.
- Know when markets could be in for a surprise.
- Understand the central bank statements and post-meeting comments.
- 12 June, 2019 in Bank won’t ease policy anytime soon
- 17 April, 2019 in Bank to remain on the side lines
- 5 March, 2019 in Hurdles for further easing are high
- 16 January, 2019 in Tightening remains a distant prospect
- 12 December, 2018 in Speculation about policy tightening premature
- 24 October, 2018 in Sales tax hike is the nail in the coffin to tighter policy
- 13 September, 2018 in Board getting more concerned about economic outlook
- 26 July, 2018 in BoJ to tread carefully in policy review
- 11 June, 2018 in Financial stability concerns unlikely to lead to tightening
- 24 April, 2018 in Policy tightening remains a long way off
- 5 March, 2018 in New leadership will keep policy loose
- 18 January, 2018 in Bank of Japan to keep policy loose this year