Bank of Japan Watch
Policy Meeting Preview
This publication is released ahead of the Bank of Japan’s monetary policy meetings, providing analysis of what to expect and how to interpret comments from policymakers.
- Benefit from our detailed analysis of policymakers’ priorities.
- Know when markets could be in for a surprise.
- Understand the central bank statements and post-meeting comments.
- 21 April, 2022 in Policy settings under threat but BoJ won’t yield
- 10 March, 2022 in 2% inflation wouldn’t be enough for rate hike
- 12 January, 2022 in Shrinking balance sheet won’t lead to tighter policy
- 9 December, 2021 in BoJ to extend Covid aid, won’t lose control of yields
- 21 October, 2021 in Bank to look through weaker yen and supply shortages
- 16 September, 2021 in PM frontrunner Kono may favour sharper taper
- 9 July, 2021 in New climate change facility not a game changer
- 11 June, 2021 in Asset purchases to remain low but rates on hold
- 20 April, 2021 in Bank preparing for prolonged hold
- 11 March, 2021 in Bank likely to defer widening of tolerance band
- 14 January, 2021 in Bank unlikely to ease more in response to virus wave
- 10 December, 2020 in Bank to extend lending programmes
1-12 of 154 of 13