Global Economics Focus
These thematic publications look at the big issues affecting the global economy. Topics have included the global fallout from a hard landing in China, slump in oil prices and Brexit; the end of globalisation; secular stagnation and the causes and consequences of negative interest rates.
- Concise but detailed analysis of the big themes affecting the world economy.
- Projections for global growth, inflation, monetary and fiscal policy over the medium term.
- Clear conclusions which can help clients with their investment decisions.
- 2 April, 2019 in How will the rest of the world cope with 2% growth in China?
- 26 February, 2019 in Next major adverse shock could come from computers
- 15 February, 2019 in How will policymakers fight the next downturn?
- 18 December, 2018 in Assessing several “bellwethers” of the world economy
- 7 December, 2018 in As US slowdowns go, this one won’t be too worrying
- 13 November, 2018 in A brief overview of 700 years of economic downturns
- 26 October, 2018 in Will tighter monetary policy cause the next big downturn?
- 15 October, 2018 in Will a trade war sink the global economy?
- 8 August, 2018 in Where are the risks from property greatest?
- 2 August, 2018 in Why is property so often the source of trouble?
- 9 July, 2018 in The damage from a global trade war
- 24 May, 2018 in How will demographics affect the world economy?