Global Economics Focus
These thematic publications look at the big issues affecting the global economy. Topics have included the global fallout from a hard landing in China, slump in oil prices and Brexit; the end of globalisation; secular stagnation and the causes and consequences of negative interest rates.
- Concise but detailed analysis of the big themes affecting the world economy.
- Projections for global growth, inflation, monetary and fiscal policy over the medium term.
- Clear conclusions which can help clients with their investment decisions.
- 29 April, 2021 in Great Inflation 2.0? Lessons from the 1970s
- 17 February, 2021 in Challenges of big central bank balance sheets are manageable
- 23 December, 2020 in The unusual resilience of trade and what lies in store
- 10 November, 2020 in A new era of financial repression
- 13 October, 2020 in The role of the state in the post-pandemic world
- 30 September, 2020 in The private sector costs of COVID-19
- 22 September, 2020 in Globalisation will stall in the wake of COVID-19
- 16 September, 2020 in What can we learn from past pandemics?
- 10 September, 2020 in Will inflation make a comeback?
- 29 June, 2020 in Lasting blow to supply capacity is not inevitable
- 23 June, 2020 in Will the coronavirus permanently change behaviours?
- 20 May, 2020 in Inflation not the easy way to cut public debt burdens