Global Economics Focus
These thematic publications look at the big issues affecting the global economy. Topics have included the global fallout from a hard landing in China, slump in oil prices and Brexit; the end of globalisation; secular stagnation and the causes and consequences of negative interest rates.
- Concise but detailed analysis of the big themes affecting the world economy.
- Projections for global growth, inflation, monetary and fiscal policy over the medium term.
- Clear conclusions which can help clients with their investment decisions.
- 22 September, 2020 in Globalisation will stall in the wake of COVID-19
- 16 September, 2020 in What can we learn from past pandemics?
- 10 September, 2020 in Will inflation make a comeback?
- 29 June, 2020 in Lasting blow to supply capacity is not inevitable
- 23 June, 2020 in Will the coronavirus permanently change behaviours?
- 20 May, 2020 in Inflation not the easy way to cut public debt burdens
- 5 May, 2020 in Can governments shoulder a higher debt burden?
- 24 March, 2020 in Is now the time for a helicopter drop?
- 6 March, 2020 in Could the coronavirus trigger a business debt crisis?
- 18 February, 2020 in The new wave of technological progress
- 30 January, 2020 in Monetary policy is losing its power over households
- 3 December, 2019 in Combatting global warming needn’t hold back global growth