Global Central Bank Watch
This monthly publication analyses monetary policy in the largest advanced economies and a selection of emerging economies. The focus is on themes and policy conditions at the aggregate level rather than detailed analysis for individual countries.
- Forecasts for central bank decisions in twenty economies.
- Commentary on the latest policy changes.
- Analysis of major trends in global monetary policy.
- 30 April, 2018 in Three more Fed hikes this year, ECB and BoJ on hold
- 28 March, 2018 in Trade spat will not deflect Fed (or BoE) from hiking
- 27 February, 2018 in US Fed to tighten further than previously expected
- 1 February, 2018 in ECB and BoJ in no rush to follow the Fed
- 28 November, 2017 in Gradually scaling back support despite low inflation
- 27 October, 2017 in Policy normalisation underway
- 27 September, 2017 in Fed normalisation not a game changer
- 30 August, 2017 in Fed to begin reversing QE and ECB to set out taper plans
- 27 July, 2017 in Lower global inflation will not prevent policy “normalisation”
- 28 June, 2017 in US Fed to press on with hikes; others in no hurry to follow
- 26 May, 2017 in Is the end of QE (finally) in sight?
- 27 April, 2017 in US Fed to continue tightening; others will be slow to follow