Global Central Bank Watch
This monthly publication analyses monetary policy in the largest advanced economies and a selection of emerging economies. The focus is on themes and policy conditions at the aggregate level rather than detailed analysis for individual countries.
- Forecasts for central bank decisions in twenty economies.
- Commentary on the latest policy changes.
- Analysis of major trends in global monetary policy.
- 29 March, 2021 in Central bank mission creep
- 4 February, 2021 in Taper talk a prelude to bigger policy debate
- 25 November, 2020 in Vaccines won’t preclude looser policy
- 9 September, 2020 in Average inflation targets from a global perspective
- 2 July, 2020 in Lending facilities offering vital support
- 7 May, 2020 in Taking stock of central bank lending facilities
- 8 April, 2020 in Monetary policy pushing new limits
- 14 February, 2020 in Virus strengthens case for EM cuts; little effect on DMs
- 11 November, 2019 in Further loosening to come, but to little effect
- 26 September, 2019 in Powerless central banks driven to tiers
- 11 July, 2019 in Personnel changes point to looser policy
- 13 June, 2019 in Price level targets wouldn’t solve policy problems