Global Central Bank Watch
This monthly publication analyses monetary policy in the largest advanced economies and a selection of emerging economies. The focus is on themes and policy conditions at the aggregate level rather than detailed analysis for individual countries.
- Forecasts for central bank decisions in twenty economies.
- Commentary on the latest policy changes.
- Analysis of major trends in global monetary policy.
- 28 November, 2018 in Shakier global backdrop won’t deter the Fed & ECB
- 31 October, 2018 in Equity sell-off unlikely to derail policy tightening
- 27 September, 2018 in Fed still going it (almost) alone
- 30 August, 2018 in Fed pressing on with rate hikes, others well behind
- 27 July, 2018 in The UK (not Japan) likely to tighten policy in August
- 28 June, 2018 in Fed-ECB divergence has another year to run
- 1 June, 2018 in Geopolitics more likely to affect ECB than the Fed
- 30 April, 2018 in Three more Fed hikes this year, ECB and BoJ on hold
- 28 March, 2018 in Trade spat will not deflect Fed (or BoE) from hiking
- 27 February, 2018 in US Fed to tighten further than previously expected
- 1 February, 2018 in ECB and BoJ in no rush to follow the Fed
- 28 November, 2017 in Gradually scaling back support despite low inflation