Capital Daily is e-mailed late in the afternoon of the UK business day. It serves as an early “morning meeting note” for clients in Europe, Asia and the UK, and is available even sooner to clients in North America during their business day.
- Comprehensive yet concise coverage of the key issues affecting global economies and markets.
- High frequency product enabling clients to stay on top of developments.
- Quick and easy to digest – 2-3 pages.
- 11 January, 2007 in ECB pledge on “vigilance” could signal a February rate hike
- 10 January, 2007 in Russian dispute won’t prevent further drop in global oil prices
- 9 January, 2007 in Investor expectations for commodities appear unrealistic
- 8 January, 2007 in Housing market still likely to undermine US job growth
- 5 January, 2007 in Housing-related job losses increase downside risks to US payrolls
- 4 January, 2007 in December inflation may rise above ECB’s target
- 3 January, 2007 in Mixed data to keep Bank of Japan on hold another month
- 22 December, 2006 in UK GDP data support other evidence pointing to another rate hike
- 21 December, 2006 in Is the US housing market stabilising?
- 20 December, 2006 in Further UK rate hike more likely than not
- 18 December, 2006 in Short-term data rebound offers little respite for US housing market
- 15 December, 2006 in November CPI likely to revive concerns over US inflation