Bank of Canada Watch
Policy Meeting Preview
This publication provides forward looking, in-depth analysis of the key drivers behind policy decisions, and is released a week before the Bank of Canada policy meetings.
- Receive our independent analysis.
- Understand and prepare for upcoming developments.
- React ahead of competitors.
- 29 November, 2017 in Bank already starting to regret rate hikes
- 18 October, 2017 in Bank unlikely to raise interest rates
- 30 August, 2017 in Don’t rule out an interest rate hike next week
- 5 July, 2017 in Bank likely to keep interest rates at 0.50%
- 17 May, 2017 in Bank likely to sound more cautious on economic outlook
- 5 April, 2017 in Bank likely to remain cautious about growth outlook
- 22 February, 2017 in Bank won’t move on interest rates for a while longer
- 12 January, 2017 in Bank to stand pat until Trump’s plans become more clear
- 30 November, 2016 in No interest rate cut until early next year
- 14 October, 2016 in Bank will remain on the sidelines this year
- 1 September, 2016 in Bank will be on hold for some time
- 6 July, 2016 in Bank unlikely to act despite downgrade to GDP forecast