Bank of Canada Watch
Policy Meeting Preview
This publication provides forward looking, in-depth analysis of the key drivers behind policy decisions, and is released a week before the Bank of Canada policy meetings.
- Receive our independent analysis.
- Understand and prepare for upcoming developments.
- React ahead of competitors.
- 6 April, 2022 in A “forceful” 50 bp hike and the start of QT
- 23 February, 2022 in Bank of Canada to hike rates and start QT
- 19 January, 2022 in Bank of Canada to tee up March hike
- 1 December, 2021 in Bank to keep policy rate guidance unchanged
- 21 October, 2021 in Bank to call time on QE
- 1 September, 2021 in Bank to keep policy unchanged as recovery stalls
- 7 July, 2021 in Bank to taper asset purchases
- 2 June, 2021 in Bank to wait until July before tapering again
- 14 April, 2021 in Bank to trim asset purchases despite third wave
- 3 March, 2021 in Bank to turn forward guidance up to eleven
- 13 January, 2021 in Bank to remain on hold as it upgrades its forecasts
- 2 December, 2020 in Latest restrictions unlikely to prompt further loosening
1-12 of 81 of 7