Australia & New Zealand Economics
Policy Meeting Preview
This publication provides forward looking, in-depth analysis of the key drivers behind policy decisions, and is released a week before the RBNZ policy meetings.
- Benefit from our unique independent analysis.
- Understand and prepare for upcoming developments.
- React ahead of competitors.
- 1 November, 2018 in New Zealand – Don’t expect a change in rates for at least three years
- 20 September, 2018 in New Zealand – Rates may not rise until late 2021
- 2 August, 2018 in New Zealand – Hinting that rates may rise later
- 21 June, 2018 in New Zealand – Orr’s sticking to the plan
- 3 May, 2018 in New Zealand – Rates on hold throughout 2018 and 2019
- 15 March, 2018 in New Zealand – Risk of a step change in policy when Orr takes the helm
- 1 February, 2018 in New Zealand – Spencer to play it safe at his penultimate meeting
- 2 November, 2017 in New Zealand – Jobs mandate to move the goalposts not change the game
- 21 September, 2017 in New Zealand – New Governor, new government (?), same dovish story
- 3 August, 2017 in New Zealand – Markets slowly getting the “no rate hike” message
- 16 June, 2017 in New Zealand – RBNZ won’t be perturbed by the weak GDP figures
- 4 May, 2017 in New Zealand – RBNZ’s rate projections may reflect upturn in inflation