Africa Economics Weekly
The Week Ahead
This weekly publication contains our key views on current trends and recent developments in Africa, and provides forecasts and detailed analysis of the events and data releases in the week ahead.
- Benefit from our unique independent analysis.
- Rapidly identify current market trends and their implications.
Understand and prepare for upcoming developments.
- 14 June, 2019 in Naira rumours, South Africa recovery, Ethiopia reforms
- 7 June, 2019 in Confusion in South Africa, debt deal in Mozambique
- 31 May, 2019 in SA GDP slump & rate cuts, inflation drop vindicates CBK
- 24 May, 2019 in Rate cuts just around the corner in SA and Nigeria
- 17 May, 2019 in S. Africa stumbles, Unemployment rises, Kenya bond sale
- 10 May, 2019 in Weak mandate for Ramaphosa, Another term for Emefiele
- 3 May, 2019 in South African election, budgets in Nigeria & Kenya
- 26 April, 2019 in Kenyan growth, Ethiopian reforms, (another) cyclone in Moz.
- 18 April, 2019 in Stable inflation, Weak Q1 in SA, Emefiele’s legacy
- 12 April, 2019 in Weak South Africa weighs on regional outlook
- 5 April, 2019 in Moody’s holds fire, SA institutional worries grow, weak PMIs
- 29 March, 2019 in SA debt back under review, central banks’ dovish tilt