Africa Economics Weekly
The Week Ahead
This weekly publication contains our key views on current trends and recent developments in Africa, and provides forecasts and detailed analysis of the events and data releases in the week ahead.
- Benefit from our unique independent analysis.
- Rapidly identify current market trends and their implications.
Understand and prepare for upcoming developments.
- 15 February, 2019 in Nigeria goes to the polls, South Africa awaits budget speech
- 8 February, 2019 in Eskom reforms, EFF manifesto, Nigeria faces crucial election
- 1 February, 2019 in Kenyan rates will remain on hold, but cuts elsewhere
- 25 January, 2019 in Kenya debt increases fragilities, SA inflation supports dovish view
- 18 January, 2019 in SARB turns dovish, Nigerian opposition flip-flops on reforms
- 11 January, 2019 in Robust growth in South Africa, coup foiled in Gabon
- 4 January, 2019 in Strong growth in Kenya, MTN settles in Nigeria
- 21 December, 2018 in Buhari’s budget, Nigerian bank consolidation, Ghana GDP
- 14 December, 2018 in Angola turns to the IMF, Nigeria stuck in first gear
- 7 December, 2018 in MTN dispute underlines Nigeria’s difficult business environment
- 30 November, 2018 in Cheaper oil both giveth and taketh away
- 23 November, 2018 in SARB hikes rates, Tanzanian nuts, Ethiopian reforms