The Capital Economics Annual Conference – Toronto
Stumbling or soaring? Global growth in the age of populism
Topics to be covered will include:
- US tax reform, deregulation and the impact on Fed policy.
- Trade policy under the Trump administration.
- The coming downturn in Canadian housing.
- Political risks and the threat to Europe’s recovery.
- Will the UK weather the Brexit storm?
- China’s turnaround – and why it’s unlikely to last.
- EMs and the protectionist threat.
- The prospects for recovery in Brazil, India and Russia.
- The implications for bonds, equities and currencies.
Speakers will include Jonathan Loynes (Group Chief Economist), Paul Ashworth (Chief US Economist), Neil Shearing (Chief Emerging Markets Economist) and Mark Williams (Chief Asia Economist).