Emerging Markets Forecast Forum
In our EM Forecast Forum, we considered the near-term and longer-term economic outlook for the emerging world, as well as the prospects for financial markets. We concluded that 2019 is likely to be marked by an unusually broad-based slowdown, accompanied by falls in most asset prices. We also hold a relatively downbeat view on longer-term prospects for EMs, particularly China.
How bad is the outlook for China?
Mark Williams, our Chief Asia Economist, discusses the following:
- What is behind the slowdown?
- Will stimulus turn it around?
- Has the long-run outlook improved?
Are emerging economies prepared for another downturn?
William Jackson, our Chief Emerging Markets Economist, discusses the following:
- The outlook for the other three BRIC economies.
- The implications of slower global growth.
- The response by EM central banks.
Will EMs outperform in the long run?
Jason Tuvey, our Senior Emerging Markets Economist, discusses the following:
- A recap of the performance of EMs over the past 20 years.
- What will drive EM growth in the coming decades?
- How will the emerging world shape up in 2040?
What are the implications for EM financial markets?
Oliver Jones, our Markets Economist, discusses the following:
- Where we are now and the outlook for the global economy.
- The near-term prospects for EM bonds, equities and currencies.
- Long-term opportunities and risks.
Would you like to attend in the future?
Our conferences and presentations are free to subscribers.