Capital Economics is one of the leading independent economic research companies in the world. Our team of economists provides award-winning macroeconomic, financial market and sectoral analysis, forecasts and consultancy, from offices in London, New York, Toronto, Sydney and Singapore. Clients include HSBC, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan. We are quoted extensively in the global media and frequently top polls of analysts’ forecasts. Over the years we have received numerous awards, including:
- 2017 More than 15 awards for EM forecasting (Focus Economics)
- 2017 Top central bank forecaster for Brazil and Mexico (Focus Economics)
- 2016 Australia’s economists of the year (Australian Financial Review)
- 2016 Best forecaster for alumina, tin, zinc (Focus Economics)
We are seeking to recruit an experienced product manager to support the continued expansion of the firm’s research product offerings.
Reporting initially to the CEO (to be subject to review over time), the qualified candidate will work within a cross-functional team to help shape the future direction of our products and services, enhancing the digital delivery of our research and developing new products and services, in line with customer needs and strategic objectives.
Product Manager (Greenfield). Full-time. Immediate opportunity. Would suit experienced product manager (minimum 5 years’ experience) with a proven track record of delivering commercially successful content-rich products, ideally within financial services environment. Role based in London.
- Work with stakeholders across editorial, business development, marketing, technology and customer advisory board members to define enhancements to our core offerings that improve productivity, decision-making and integration into workflow.
- Develop product mock-ups and documentation to communicate value proposition, create shared understandings and elicit feedback.
- Take ownership and project management responsibility to successfully deliver enhancements and new products offerings.
- Conduct market research, face-to-face meetings, user feedback sessions and behavioural data analysis to capture insights that inform our research, road-map and development.
- Manage and communicate product road-maps, prioritising features based on business impact;
- Develop and own go-to-market launch plans, including sales training and collateral development for new offerings.
- Ensure all new research products are aligned to our digital strategy.
- Run prototype, beta and user-group programs with early-stage features to capture feedback and maximise successful adoption.
- Continuously measure, analyse and improve user engagement and devise new strategic and tactical ways to increase sales, engagement and renewal rates through product enrichment.
- Lead reporting on product initiatives, progress, identifying areas of success and where further improvement is required.
- Develop test plans and support user and system testing, capturing and maintaining and managing issues lists to resolution.
- Strong academic record (red-brick university degree).
- MBA or other relevant post-graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a content-based product (ideally in a B2B environment).
- Experience managing large, cross-functional projects.
- Agile Product Owner Experience preferable.
- Demonstrable experience of product management within investment management/investment banking or start-up environment (investment research, digital publishing or semantic/big data project delivery experience a bonus).
- Driven, organised, common sense, tenacity and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to take ownership, be creative and pro-actively secure the objectives of the business.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEO and market research techniques.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Faith Elliott (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating in the subject line that you are applying for the Product Manager position. Direct applications only please (no agencies).