Capital Economics, one of the world’s leading macroeconomics research companies, is looking for an experienced business development professional to help grow its consultancy service. The majority of our 1400+ subscription services clients are financial services organisations. The primary focus of this role will be to generate new consultancy revenues from these existing clients.
In the consultancy team, we conduct bespoke economics research for a variety of commercial and public sector clients globally. We have worked with board directors and senior management in sectors as diverse as banking, investment and insurance, food, manufacturing, online retail, workspace rental, as well as property development, telecommunications, charities and government bodies. We help our clients plan for the future, understand the implications of changing government policy and make their case to investors, regulators, politicians and the public.
Working closely with more senior business development executive, you will proactively generate new business from lead identification to close:
- identify, qualify and prosecute opportunities for new consultancy revenues from Capital Economics existing subscription services clients;
- identify and prioritise potential client organizations and individuals;
- design and deliver focussed issue or sector specific campaigns to generate consultancy revenues from new clients to Capital Economics;
- establish ongoing relationships with qualified individuals that result in new business;
- work with the team in the preparation and submission of tenders, pitches and proposals;
- successfully close sales; and
- maintain an awareness of international macroeconomics through appropriate reading and self-development.
Typical tasks will include:
- identifying leads from sources such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, company websites, news articles, trade shows and exhibitions;
- interrogating the Salesforce database to prioritise and segment existing subscribers for consultancy revenues
- telephone, email and meeting activity to generate opportunities from new prospects and existing subscription services clients;
- maintaining leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities and activity data in the company CRM system – Salesforce;
- proposal writing and contract negotiation; and
- providing account management to new consultancy clients for up to twelve months
In return, we offer a competitive package including uncapped commission.
Desired skills and experience
You will have had success over several years in generating new revenues in a relevant business-to-business environment, preferably economics consultancy, management consultancy or similar professional services.
Strong communication skills are essential and you must be comfortable dealing with senior level people. You will need patience and the ability to develop long-term relationships, as well as having an astute commercial eye for more immediate opportunities.
Although we do not expect any previous formal training or qualifications in economics, you will need to have an interest in economics, business and current affairs, and be able to hold a constructive conversation with people who are more expert in these topics.
You will have confidence in your own abilities and want to be rewarded for your performance.
Please send your curriculum vitae and covering letter to Faith Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to email@example.com, with ‘Business development executive – financial services’ in the subject line.