Our graduate training scheme provides a fantastic opportunity to train as a macroeconomist in a rapidly growing and dynamic consultancy whose clients are mainly in the financial sector. We are free from both the constraints of the public sector and the conflicting interests of many private City institutions.
A career with Capital Economics will allow you to contribute to the economic debate. Your economic thinking and knowledge will develop rapidly in an intellectually challenging environment.
As our economists are our most valuable resource, we will take your learning and development seriously. Your training will have several components:
- You will undertake four rotations lasting six months each, all of which will be in a small team. From the start, you will play an important part in producing the output of your team.
- Every day you will work closely with highly experienced and skilled economists on issues that are at the forefront of modern economics.
- You will benefit from attending our regular internal economics classes. These include “skills classes”, which address practical topics such as how to forecast GDP or inflation and how to write in the Capital Economics style, and “knowledge classes”, which are small and informal discussion groups which meet once a month to discuss a topical issue in macroeconomics.
- You will have an individual “mentor”, one of our more experienced economists who will meet you regularly to discuss career progress and pass on some tips and advice.
- Subject to satisfactory progress, you will have the opportunity to do a Masters’ degree in economics or a closely related subject, funded by Capital Economics.
By working within a medium-sized but global company, you will be able to make a real difference, to progress quickly and to control the direction of your career.
In addition, Capital Economics has an active Social Committee which organises a range of social events involving economists and other members of staff.