Capital Economics, one of the world’s leading macroeconomics research companies, is looking for an experienced market researcher to join the consultancy division and help launch and grow its new Corporate Strategist service.
In the consultancy team, we conduct bespoke economics research for a variety of commercial and public sector clients globally. We have worked with board directors and senior management in sectors as diverse as food, manufacturing, online retail, workspace rental, property development, telecommunications, charities and government bodies as well as banking, investment and insurance. We help our clients plan for the future, understand the implications of changing government policy and make their case to investors, regulators, politicians and the public.
We have identified a product need for concise global macroeconomics insight and long term forecasts in corporations with global operations and sales markets. We call it the Corporate Strategist. You will be targeting senior executives – Strategy Directors, Chief Financial Officers, Corporate Affairs Directors and Managing Directors in non-financial services businesses.
Working closely with the New Product Development Manager and Business Development Manager, you will proactively identify senior executives in corporations with global operations and sales markets to share the new product details with and garner opinions:
- identify and prioritise potential client organisations and individuals;
- share product information and sample reports in new niche market areas;
- establish ongoing relationships with qualified individuals to regularly survey for product feedback;
- review product feedback with the New Product Development Manager
- identify and share potential sales opportunities with the Business Development Manager
Ideally you would also be willing and able to convert new business leads into sales.
Typical tasks will include:
- identifying potential product review contacts from sources such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, company websites, news articles, trade shows and exhibitions;
- telephone, email and meeting activity to build the feedback panel of contacts and regularly review;
- maintaining leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities and activity data in the company CRM system – Salesforce;
- survey questions writing; and ideally
- proposal writing and contract negotiation
In return, we offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to earn commission on any sales resulting from your research activity.
Desired skills and experience
You will have had experience over several years in conducting market research in a relevant business-to-business environment, preferably linked to new product launches in economics consultancy, management consultancy or similar professional services. In addition some experience of selling services would be highly desirable.
Strong communication skills are essential and you must be comfortable dealing with senior level people. You will need patience and the ability to develop long-term relationships, as well as having an astute commercial eye for more immediate opportunities.
Although we do not expect any previous formal training or qualifications in economics, you will need to have an interest in economics, business and current affairs, and be able to hold a constructive conversation with people who are more expert in these topics.
You will have confidence in your own abilities and want to be rewarded for your performance.
To apply: Please send a curriculum vitae and covering letter to Faith Elliott at email@example.com, copied to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Corporate Strategist’ in the subject line.